HOME > GREEN CROSS > Requirements
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR GREEN CROSS MEMBERSHIP & ACCREDITATION
The Green Cross represents a network of accredited pharmacists providing quality client care and pharmacy services.
- Membership to the Green Cross Accreditation is conditional of the following;
- The Registered PPB Pharmacist-in-charge and Pharmacists-on-shift must be registered members of PSK.
- The pharmacy must have an up-to-date License of Registration with the PB.
- A Registered PPB Pharmacist must be on site 75% of the time but reachable by phone at all working hours. A registered PPB Pharmaceutical Technologist may be available for clients the remainder of the time.
- Green Cross membership fees are fully paid.
- Must pass Green Cross accreditation assessment.
- Green Cross Membership fees are;
- Payable to the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya.
- 12,000KES for accreditation assessment and balance of 2014 and 2015. Expires on 31st December 2015.
- 12,000KES annually to be paid by the 1st January each year.
- 2,000KES for accreditation re-assessment in the case of;
- Initial assessment failure.
- Changes in application details (listed below).
- Changes in application details will be governed by the below;
- Changes in application details must be advised in writing, with all supporting documentation by the Pharmacist-in-charge of the facility within 30 days.
- PSK will acknowledge receipt of changes and whether approval of changes are granted, additional information is required or new accreditation assessment is needed, within 14 days.
- Changes in application details which will require a new accreditation assessment include;
- Change in the nature of the business (eg. No longer providing pharmacy services).
- Change in registered premise location.
- If there is no longer a PSK and PPB Registered Pharmacist-in-charge of the pharmacy.
- Changes in application details which will now require new accreditation assessment include;
- Change in ownership.
- Change of Pharmacist-in-charge
- Change of Pharmacist-on-shift
- Green Cross Accreditation will be revoked if;
- A PSK and PPB Registered Pharmacist is not found on duty on at least 3 occasions.
- The pharmacy does not have an up-to-date License of Registration for the Pharmacy from PPB.
- Registration fees are not paid for by 28th February following membership expiry.
- Revocation of Green Cross status will be advised in writing by PSK. The result of revocation requires;
- Pharmacist-in-charge to acknowledge revocation communication within 5 working days.
- Removal of Green Cross branded signage and communication materials within 15 days of receiving written notice.
**Failure to remove signage within timeframe will result in revocation of the Green Cross Accreditation.
- The steps in application for Green Cross network membership include;
- Lodge application form with all supporting documentation.
- Pay 12,000KES fee for accreditation assessment and membership.
- Accreditation assessment carried out by PSK within 14 days.
- Pharmacist-in-charge advised within 5 working days on success of application.