CALL FOR PROPOSALS
RESEARCH ON REGULATION OF PHARMACY PRACTICE
The Health Act (HA), 2017 proposes separating the regulation of pharmacy practice from health products. To effect the proposed change, the Ministry of Health (MoH) has drafted a Kenya Food and Drug Authority Bill which is expected to revise the mandate of the Pharmacy and Poisons Board as it relates to health products. There exists a policy reworking opportunity in drafting of a Pharmacy Practice Bill, where PSK seeks to have a self regulating role.
PSK is looking to contract a research consultant to carry out research as per the following guideline:
A. Desk top research
To evaluate how regulation of pharmacists is done in
1. High income countries – US, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Netherlands, France, Singapore (any 4)
2. Upper middle income countries – South Africa, Brazil, China, Jamaica, Russia, Turkey, Jordan (Any 4)
3. Lower middle income countries – Kenya, India, Nigeria, Sudan, Ghana (any 4)
• How well / poorly regulated the practice is – no. of legal vs illegal outlets, no. of quacks, levels of substandard drugs
• Split of government driven regulation vs self regulation
B. Mystery shopping raw data analysis
PSK has carried out mystery shopping in outlets in 5 Kenyan towns to assess level of malpractice in community pharmacies.
The role of the research assistant will be to collate the raw data, analyze it and provide a report.
Final report provided to PSK must be a collation of the desktop research and mystery shopping findings with a clear recommendation of best regulatory model based on the findings.
The person must fulfill the following minimum criteria:
1. Registered Pharmacist
2. Over 10 years experience in Pharmaceutical regulatory affairs or supply chain management
3. Over 5 years experience in research
4. Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution
How to Apply
Clarification can be sought by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 th October 2018.
Interested consultants may send their financial and technical proposal to email@example.com subject: Research Consultant by COB 31 st October 2018